The New Testament in Its World is your passageway from the twenty-first century to the era of Jesus and the first Christians. A highly-readable, one-volume introduction placing the entire New Testament and early Christianity in its original context, it is the only such work by distinguished scholar and author N. T. (Tom) Wright.
- What is the purpose of the New Testament?
- What was the first-century understanding of the kingdom?
- What is the real meaning of the resurrection in its original context?
- What really were the Gospels?
- Who was Paul and why are his letters so controversial?
- As twenty-first-century people, how do we recover the excitement of what it was like to live as Christians in the first or second centuries?