Statement of Faith
We accept the revelation of the triune God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the historic faith of the Gospel therein set forth.
We here assert doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding of the faith, and which should issue in mutual love, practical Christian service and Christian concern:
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration of the Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making us subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
- The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
The Aim of BOOKS Plus
The declared aims of Light on the Mount as a charitable business are: “to enhance the caring environment provided by the hospital for patients, visitors and staff through the establishment and running of an attractive, encouraging and caring retail outlet of Christian literature and related goods”.
One small way of enabling this caring environment, is by offering a prayer service, customers are invited to request prayer, to which we will commit ourselves to do so.
Expectations of Volunteers
We at BOOKS Plus desire to be our best, in our work for the LORD. We expect volunteers to:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be friendly, helpful and welcoming to all people who come into the shop, regardless of their background.
- Be in good standing with a local church.
- Willingly work with Christians from other denominations, promoting unity.
- Be in agreement with our statement of faith above.
- Dress smartly and have a good level of personal hygiene.
Be willing to learn new skills and methods, vital to the running of the shop.